August 31, 2020
Merensky High School , Tzaneen
PROPOSED DATE: Monday 31 August 2020
- This section requires a programme with a variety of genres, showcasing the candidate’s vocal ability. * refer to syllabus below.
- The candidate is free to choose from the following genres:
Gospel / Pop / Rock / Country / Light Classical / Ethnic
- Programmes may be presented in one or more languages
Candidates may only enter 1 solo and/or 1 group item.
- Every Candidate receives a certificate and adjudicators report.
- A Category winner, runner-up, third place and most promising vocalist will be announced in each category.
- Acoustic accompaniment/backing trax/a-capella is allowed.
- There will be no benefit to candidates who do own accompaniment.
- Venue: MDDA TEATRO. Digital piano available.
- A sound desk with microphones available in venue.
- The maximum time limit is indicated, it includes set-up and exit.
- Backing trax: ONLY USB STICKS IN MP3 FORMAT must be handed in at start of session.
No music will be downloaded from cell phones.
Backing trax: Accompaniment should be cut and presented as 1 track, with candidate’s name as the title.
- Dress Code: Age and performance appropriate attire – e.g. black/ black& white/denim.
No costume changes allowed.
- Props are allowed.
- Limited cloakroom facilities are available, come dressed for the performance.
- Non compliance with these rules may lead to disqualification.