June 1, 2020
Merensky High School , Tzaneen
Online entries close 1 June 2020
THIS SECTION IS ONLY available to HIGH SCHOOL CANDIDATES:
A PORTFOLIO OF ONLY 3 PHOTO’S from any 3 genres ARE REQUIRED
Entry Fee: R90 per portfolio of 3 photo’s
Entries close: 24th June 2020 (hand in at MHS reception)
- Photographs may only be taken with a DSLR camera.
- Please indicate the camera model & lens.
- Work can be submitted either in colour or black and white.
- Digital manipulation including crop, burn, dodge, filters or treatments available on Photoshop and Instagram or other photo-editing software are allowed, but manipulation beyond these treatments will not be allowed. Images may not be digitally “created” by combining two separate images using software. Software may only be used to enhanced existing photographs.
- Participants who use digital manipulation must please attach a smaller copy of the original unedited photograph on the back of the entry.
- Photographic submissions must be printed and submitted on A4 glossy, photographic paper (297 x 210 mm).
- The 3 Photographs in the portfolio must be mounted on thick, black cardboard.
- PLEASE NOTE: no blocked work.
- Your name should form part of the collage.
- Your 3 photographs must be titled – e.g: GENRE: Lifestyle – TITLE: Shopping
- Please specify the exact settings that were used in either the manual or priority modes (ISO, F-STOP and SHUTTER SPEED) on the collage.
- Every candidate receives a certificate and adjudicators’ report.
A winner, runner-up, 3rd place and most promising photographer will be announced.
- Photographs will be exhibited in the MDDA foyer from 24 August 2020.
- Prize winners will be invited via whats-app and email to a short Awards ceremony: Tuesday 1 September 2020 at 17:00 in the MDDA centre, where after they can be removed.