02 Aug 2019
Merensky High School, Tzaneen
THIS SECTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO HIGH SCHOOL CANDIDATES
SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO OF 3 PHOTOGRAPHS FROM 3 DIFFERENT GENRES
- Photographs may only be taken with a DSLR camera.
- Please indicate the camera model & lens.
- Work can be submitted either in colour or black and white.
- Digital manipulation including crop, burn, dodge, filters or treatments available on Photoshop and Instagram or other photo-editing software are allowed, but manipulation beyond these treatments will not be allowed. Images may not be digitally “created” by combining two separate images using software. Software may only be used to enhance existing photographs.
- Participants who use digital manipulation must please attach a smaller copy of the original unedited photograph on the back of the entry.
- Photographic submissions must be printed and submitted on A4 glossy, photographic paper (297 x 210 mm).
- The 3 Photographs must be mounted on thick, black cardboard.
- PLEASE NOTE: no blocked work.
- Your name should form part of the collage.
- Your 3 photographs must be titled – e.g. GENRE: LIFESTYLE, TITEL: FUN IN THE SUN.
- Please specify the exact settings that were used in either the manual or priority modes (ISO, F-STOP and SHUTTER SPEED) on the collage.
- Entries must be handed in at the MHS reception before 12:00 on 1 August 2019.
- ENTRY FEE: R85
- Every candidate receives a certificate and adjudicators’ report.
- A winner, runner-up and 3rd place will be announced.
- Photographs will be exhibited in the MDDA foyer from 2 September 2019.
- Short Award ceremony: Thursday 5 September 2019 at 17:00 in the MDDA centre.