August 24, 2020
Merensky High School , Tzaneen
PROPOSED DATE: Monday 24 August 2020
A Wind instrument B Keyboard instrument C Percussion instrument
D String instrument E Mixed instruments
- An instrumental programme is required, which showcases the candidate/group’s musical ability.
- A candidate may enter only 1 solo and/or 1 group programme in this section.
- The programme may include various pieces/various genre’s eg. baroque/classic/contemporary.
- No repetitions, only De Capo’s and Dal Segnos.
- In this section age or school grades are not taken into consideration.
It is also irrelevant if the candidate does music exams or not.
The UNISA grades between brackets, is purely an indication of the standard applicable to the specific category.
- From Grades 5 – 8 categories may include an own composition.
(Use Google’s MuseScore for notation – it’s free and easy to use)
- All candidates must hand their sheet music to the adjudicator at start of performance.
- Groups: only duo’s, trio’s and quartets are allowed.
- The competition takes place in the MDDA TEATRO. A Digital piano is available.
- Ensure that other instruments are tuned outside.
- All candidates will receive a certificate and adjudicator’s report.
- A category winner, runner up, 3rd place and most promising musician will be announced after every session.
- Clothing: age appropriate – concert attire: black/black& white/denim.
No costume changes allowed.
- Limited cloakroom facilities, – come dressed for the performance.
- The maximum performance time is stated. Minimum time is up to the discretion of the teacher.
- Timing starts when the first note is played.
- Should candidates/teachers not adhere to the rules, the item may be disqualified.