02 Sep 2019
Merensky High School, Tzaneen
A Wind instrument
B Keyboard instrument
C Percussion instrument
D String instrument
E Mixed instruments
- An instrumental programme is required, which showcases the candidate/group’s musical ability.
- A candidate may enter only 1 solo and/or 1 group programme in this section.
- The programme may include various pieces/various genre’s e.g. baroque/classic/contemporary.
- No repetitions, only De Capo’s and Dal Segnos.
- In this section age or school grades are not taken into consideration.
- It is also irrelevant if the candidate does music exams or not.
The UNISA grades between brackets, is purely an indication of the standard applicable to the specific category.
- The Allegretto and Maestro categories may include an own composition.
(Use Google’s MuseScore for notation – it’s free and easy to use)
- All candidates must hand their sheet music to the adjudicator at start of performance.
- Groups: only duos, trios and quartets are allowed.
- The competition takes place in the MDDA TEATRO. A Digital piano is available.
- Ensure that instruments are tuned outside.
- Programmes may be accompanied with backing trax.
Only USB’s in MP3 format to be handed in at sound desk at start of the session.
Cut music to fit the program, and use candidate’s name and category as title please.
- All candidates will receive a certificate and adjudicator’s report.
- A category winner, runner up and 3rd place will be announced after the session.
- Clothing: age appropriate – concert attire: black/black& white/denim.
No costume changes allowed.
- Limited cloakroom facilities, – come dressed for the performance.
- The maximum time is stated. Minimum time is up to the discretion of the teacher.
- Timing starts when the first note is played.
- Should candidates/teachers not adhere to the rules, the item will be disqualified.