August 26, 2020
Merensky High School , Tzaneen
PROPOSED DATES: 26 & 27 August 2020
- A prepared theme programme with specific requirements, as stated below, must be presented.
- Chosen items must be centered around a specific theme. The items may be joined with text/music/movement to create flow in the programme.
- We suggest a well balanced programme with variation between comedy and drama; dramatized and formal items.
- The programme can be presented in English/Afrikaans, or bilingually.
- There is no category for unprepared items.
- Candidates may only enter a maximum of two categories, one as an individual and/or one as part of a group.
- PLEASE NOTE: Only duos, trios and quartets allowed. No larger groups can be accommodated.
- In every category, a winner, runner-up, 3rd place and most promising actor will be announced.
- Every candidate will receive an adjudicator’s comments and a certificate.
- The event will take place in the MDDA Blou Kaross Drama studio. There is a small stage, 2.5m deep and 7m wide. Black drama blocks are available.
- Dress code: Black theatre attire with the option of costume suggestions and props.
- There is limited dressing room space available, come already dressed.
- Please be available to perform 15 minutes before the allocated time slot.
- In the categories where sound/music is needed, the candidates need to supply their own sound equipment and operator. A normal size music system will suffice.
- The maximum time is indicated, this includes set-up and exit.
- It is possible that several sections will be judged simultaneously, therefore theatre etiquette is NB.
- Non compliance with these rules may lead to disqualification.