11 Sep 2019
Merensky High School, Tzaneen
- A prepared theme programme with specific requirements, as stated below, must be presented.
- Chosen items must be centered on a specific theme. The items may be joined with text to create flow in the programme.
- We suggest a well balanced programme with variation between comedy and drama; dramatized and formal items.
- The programme can be presented in English/Afrikaans, or bilingually.
- There is no category for unprepared items.
- Candidates may enter a maximum of two categories, one as an individual and/or one as part of a group.
- PLEASE NOTE: Only duos, trios and quartets allowed. No larger groups.
- In every category, a winner, runner-up and 3rd place will be announced.
- Every candidate will receive adjudicator’s comments and a certificate.
- The event will take place in the MDDA Blou Kaross Drama studio. There is a small stage, 2.5m deep and 7m wide. Drama blocks are available.
- Dress code: Black theatre attire with the option of costume suggestions and props.
- There is limited dressing room space available, come dressed in costume.
- Please be ready to perform 30 minutes before the allocated time slot.
- In the categories where sound/music is allowed, the candidates need to supply their own sound equipment and operator. A normal size music system will suffice.
- The maximum time is indicated, this includes set-up and exit.
- Please adhere to the time limit, as a bell will stop the performance.
- It is possible that several sections will be judged simultaneously, theatre etiquette is NB.
- Non compliance with these rules may lead to disqualification.