09 Sep 2019
Merensky High School, Tzaneen
- A dance programme showcasing a variety of styles or a variety of dance items within one style, is required for this section (see syllabus).
- Candidates may enter only 1 individual and/or 1 group item.
No large groups, only duos, trios and quartets allowed.
- Candidates will receive a certificate and adjudicators report after the session.
- A category winner, runner-up and 3rd place will be announced for individuals and groups, directly after the session.
- Styles: Acrobatics / Ballet / Ballroom / Break dance / Contemporary / Demi-Character / Disco / Ethnic / Freestyle / Hip-Hop / Lyrical / Latin / Modern / Modern Jazz / NRG / Rhythmic Gymnastics / Show Dance / Slow Dance / Tap Dance
- This section takes place in the MDDA 5-6-7-8 Dance Studio, where there is no stage.
The dance area is 8m wide and 6m in depth.
- The programme allows props and minimal costume changes within the set time.
Candidates have to do own set-up.
- Note: The maximum time including set-up and exit is indicated – programmes may be shorter.
- Dancers can wear any age appropriate costume that complements the programme.
- Make-up allowed, hair styles must compliment the programme.
- Limited dressing room facilities, the candidate must arrive fully dressed for the items.
- All backing trax to be presented to the sound desk in MP3 format on a USB stick, before start of the session. Music has to be cut to the time limit.
Use the candidate/group’s name as the title for your track.
- Non-compliance with the rules by candidates/teachers will lead to disqualification.