June 24, 2020
HS Merensky , Tzaneen
Online entries close Monday 1 June.
COMPLETED ENTRIES MUST BE HANDED IN AT MHS RECEPTION BEFORE 12:00 on 24 June 2020
Definition: The visual exploration of the theme using classical elements of art (composition, texture, depth, line, shape and/or colour.)
- Any medium may be used
- A3 paper (297mm x 420mm) (suitable for your chosen medium)
- No collages allowed.
- Please do not enter framed artwork.
- Please do not use heavy canvas board.
- Please spray entries with a fixative if you used a medium that can smudge.
- Fix your name to the back of the artwork – state age category, and theme.
- Also give your art work a title – e. g: Theme: My best fairy tale – Title: Goldilocks asleep
- Artwork will be judged on drawing/painting technique, composition, tonal value and (importantly) degree of observation and expression.
- Every artist receives an adjudicators’ comment and a certificate.
- 1st Place, runner up and 3rd place as well as most promising artist awarded in every category.
- Art work will be exhibited in the MDDA foyer from 24 August 2020.
- Short Awards ceremony: Tuesday 1 September 2020, @ 17:00 in the MDDA centre.
- Prize winners will be notified via whats-app & email.
- All art work can be collected thereafter.